About the START Project...
The START Project of the Statewide Parent Advocacy network serves families of children with special education needs, educators, schools and districts,
Offers workshops and technical assistance to schools, districts and parent
groups to improve
· Assists families and district personnel in establishing and supporting parent groups,
· Promoting increased family involvement to school personnel,
· Promotes the benefits of and best practices in inclusion of students with disabilities with their typical peers to the maximum extent possible,
· Informs parents and educators of best practices in Transition to Adult Life, and
· Provides resources and assistance to parent leaders of special education parent advisory groups.
BACK TO MAIN SPAN PAGE